Get advice


Following the latest government advice – which includes social distancing measures – we have taken the decision to close our office to the public with effect from Tuesday 17 March 2020 until further notice.

Advice is available online at or by telephone 03444 111 306.

Visit us:

You are welcome to visit us at our office in Reading during opening hours.

heritageblue_plastic_chairsWe aim to see every client that visits us. We will talk with you to find out why you have come to see us and then decide with you what should happen next. We are often able to help immediately by providing leaflets, directing you to online advice or giving the details of other organisations that are better placed to help you.

If your situation is more complicated you will see an adviser who will talk with you in more detail. Hopefully we will be able to sort things out with you, but you may need more specialist help and we may make an appointment for you with someone who has more specialist knowledge.

If you need to return for further help this is normally for a fixed length appointment at an agreed time, or we can arrange a telephone appointment.

Please always bring in any relevant paperwork with you. For example, your tenancy agreement, employment contract or benefit award letters. We can often help more quickly if we can see these.


Phone us:

03444 111 306

You can phone us at our Reading office during our opening hours. We are now part of the Adviceline group. This means that more of your calls will be answered and you will find it easier to access telephone advice.heritageblue_phone_on_hook

We will normally spend about 10 minutes finding out about your problem and planning how we can help you. We are often able to help by sending you a leaflet or details of other organisations that deal specifically with the type of issue that you have, or by directing you to online advice.

If the situation is urgent or very complex we may offer a telephone or face to face appointment. Please always remember to bring in the relevant paperwork asked for by our assessor.


Online advice:

You can find comprehheritageblue_mouseensive online advice provided by the national Citizens Advice service. If you have looked at our online advice and still need more help, then please visit or phone us.



Top of page