There are a few things you need to do to take part:
- Register as a participant to the challenge by filling in our sign-up form
- Set up your JustGiving page (if you are fundraising) – see instructions below
- Join our #EatFor20 participants Facebook group and sign up for our newsletter
- Start telling people!
Setting up your JustGiving page
Please go to the campaign JustGiving page and click on the orange button on the right that says “Start fundraising”.
- If you haven’t got a JustGiving account, you will need to set one up at this stage. Follow the instructions.
- The next screen will ask you what you are doing. Click on “Start” under the lightbulb on the bottom right: “Doing your own thing”.
- Under “Tell us about your event”, in the drop-down select “something else”.
- Under Event name you can just call it “YOUR NAME’s £20 food challenge” or whatever you would like!
- The event date is 17/07/2021.
- Choose the web page address you want to use.
- Select the relevant GiftAid and contact choices then click “Create your page”.
- You then have a template page with wording we have provided but please amend this to something that is particular to you, saying why you have decided to do this and any other information you want to include here.
Once your page is set up, share it across your social networks and with friends, family and colleagues so that people know you are looking for sponsorship.
Donating the difference in your weekly shop
If you are able, we would be grateful if you can donate the difference in your weekly shop to Citizens Advice Reading.
How you calculate the difference is up to you, but our suggestion is this:
- Add up all food shopping for your household over the past 3 weeks, including any take-aways and meals out;
- Divide this by 3, then by the number of people in your household;
- Subtract £20.
You can donate this directly to the campaign on our JustGiving page or send it as a BACS payment. Email us at email@example.com for our bank details and the reference you should include so that we know how to allocate your payment.
Thank you for supporting our campaign and for supporting Citizens Advice Reading.
Any questions? Have a look at the #EatFor20 FAQ