Life coaching at Citizens Advice Reading is available only by referral. You can be referred to the service by one of our advisers or by Talking Therapies. Making Life Better (MLB) is our life coaching service and is available to those who want to make a change in their lives – however large or small. The MLB service aims to empower you to make positive and sustainable lifestyle changes.
Life coaching is most effective when a participant is motivated to make the changes that will improve the quality of his/her life. The MLB life coaches do not provide counselling or therapy, but during life coaching sessions they do offer you support through your process of change.
Is life coaching for me?
Do you want to:
- Achieve a healthier, fitter, and more energetic life?
- Have more confidence in yourself and in your own abilities?
- Recognise, manage and overcome feelings of helplessness and lack of self-worth?
- Manage stress more successfully?
- Overcome personal and practical difficulties?
- Take responsibility and action for managing your life?
- Change direction and manage life changes more effectively?
- Manage time more effectively?
- Improve the balance and quality of your life?
How we can help
- The MLB service can offer you a maximum of 12 one-to-one sessions, each up to one hour, with one of our trained volunteer MLB life coaches.
- The service uses an accredited and clearly defined coaching process which will help you to identify realistic goals and decide on achievable action plans, while the MLB coach will provide appropriate support throughout.
- When necessary, an MLB coach may signpost you to other helpful information sources.
Other useful links: www.talkingtherapies.berkshire.nhs.uk